Odd Reconciliation Issue

Options
PCush
PCush Member

I'm trying to reconcile my checking account for the month of October '23 and get the following error message: "There are 2 transactions dated after 10/31/23 that are already reconciled." I look though the register for reconciled transactions after 10/31/23 and there are none. I proceed with the reconciliation process and Quicken says there is a $235 difference between the ending bank statement and the ending Quicken balance (with the Quicken balance being larger by the $235). The number and amounts of deposits and withdrawals on my bank statement match the number and amounts of deposits and withdrawals in my Quicken account, yet Quicken thinks there is a difference. There is a $235 transaction in October but to make things balance I would need to add another $235 transaction which doesn't exist. I'm stumped.

Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Try going to your Reconciliation History screen to see if there are any discrepancies for last month or a prior month.

Also, is the $235 transaction one which was a merger of a downloaded transaction and a manually-en tered transaction? (Control-click on the transaction and see if Unmatch Transaction is black or gray; if it's black, two transactions were merged, and in that case you could try undergoing to see if the manual transaction was somehow reconciled in a prior month.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • PCush
    PCush Member
    Options

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, neither did the trick. I did end up eliminating the problem by reconciling the Oct and Nov statements as if they were a combined single statement. Not sure what that worked or what the problem was in the first place but thankfully, things worked out.

This discussion has been closed.