Export transactions with split transactions to excel without them listed on separate rows

Options
Kabboroo
Kabboroo Member ✭✭
edited January 4 in Reports (Windows)

I am working on a credit card account that cannot be reconciled. The account is 4+ years old, so checking line by line is not an option. I downloaded the transaction history from the credit card company (Excel). I planned on exporting the account transactions from Quicken to compare the two spreadsheets or use conditional formatting to identify the missing/erroneous transactions. But Quicken lists each category in transactions with split categories on separate lines instead of the total on a single line (see attached pics). How can I get the info out of Quicken and into Excel with the splits totaled?

Quicken Classic Deluxe

Windows

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kabboroo,

Fromwhat you've told us above, it sounds like you haven't reconciled the particular account in question for the past 4 years. If that is true, did you consider reconciling the account year-by-year- rather that for the entire 4 year period- at once? If you do that, I believe that you will find that identifying the problem(s) will be quicker and easier.

But to answer the "splits" issue you raised - I know of no way to enter the data with "splits toatled" - as you requested.

Frank

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The report should have an option to show splits or not show splits. Have you tried checking the report’s customization settings?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh I see you already received an answer on your other post asking the same question:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.