Investment Withdraw entering incorrect amounts

Options
gary.tynes
gary.tynes Member ✭✭
edited January 6 in Investing (Windows)

I am using Quicken Classic on Windows Release R53.16

This issue has been going on a long time, years. I just decided to report it.

I monthly manually update share status from the brokerage statement. Every time I use the Withdraw function, after I enter all the fields and hit enter, the amount that is entered in the 'Cash Amt' in the ledger is the amount from the previous time that I used the Withdraw function. All other fields are correct. I have to go in and Edit the transaction in the ledger and correct the amount. It then enters the correct amount the second time.

Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Offhand I don't think I've every heard of this particular issue. I know in my own file the only place I've ever used a Withdraw action was for distributions from IRA Accounts, and they always worked fine.

Just to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying…

Let's say that the last good Withdraw action recorded was $10 for an admin fee of some sort. Then "today" you enter a Withdraw action in the amount of $47.50, using a different Category. Everything looks good on the "Withdraw" screen. You click on Enter/Done and the entry shows up exactly like it looked on the Transaction List (register) except the amount is for $10, not $47.50? Is that correct?

• gary.tynes
    gary.tynes Member ✭✭
    Options

I may not have been as clear what I was doing with the Withdraw function. Tom, it is pretty much as you described in your last paragraph. I almost always am using the Withdraw to record fees.

While in an investing account and doing the Enter Transactions, I am using the Withdraw function to record a fee. As I type in the Payee name, it brings a list of previously used transactions with that same Payee name and I select the one with correct category. It will then auto-fill the category, memo, date, amount. The category and memo are correct, just I have to change the date and amount and do either Enter/New or Enter/Done. Either way it doesn't enter the amount I just entered in the ledger but uses the amount the came up with auto-fill from the last transaction. I have to close the Withdraw window and edit the line in the ledger to the correct amount.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.