Datafeed for AMC stock split incorrect from Quicken

Options
Michael Farley
Michael Farley Member ✭✭✭
edited January 11 in Investing (Windows)

Windows 11 Quicken Classic Premier Version R53.16

Have not seen anyone else with this issue. Even though I don't download data from the brokerage involved, Quicken keeps showing the screenshot below. I believe that the entries from the brokerage are correct, and were entered by hand.

Has anyone seen or fixed this issue? It is just annoying. I always Clear All and click okay so the erroneous split isn't entered.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fidelity Investments, my broker, shows 1:10 on 8/24 … but with splits they frequently get entered at the close of business the prior day.

But that doesn't explain the weird ratio that you're getting.

Do you download ANY investment info? If so, from what brokerage or fund co.?

What does your brokerage holding the AMC show? What brokerage is holding the AMC for you?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

The source of that message is always Quicken’s historical data supplier. The Clear All Okay method is suppose to work, but does not always and the warning may become persistent.

You might try accepting the change and then editing the transaction back to the correct date and data. Might clear it, but no promises.

I have a persistent case dating back to July 2022.

• Michael Farley
    Options

q_lurker, the brokerage is Vanguard and their statement says the same as Fidelity; 1:10 on 8/24. I don't usually download from Vanguard or others due to historical data getting duplicated when I tried. However, I did setup and download from this Vanguard account to see if the mysterious number showed up, but it didn't.

I tried accepting the change and then editing earlier, but it didn't work. I may try accepting the split, then doing an add shares on 8/23. Will let you know.

Thanks again for the responses. This community is very useful, and I hope to contribute more to other's issues.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I may try accepting the split, then doing an add shares on 8/23.

Don’t know why you would do that without knowing there is some validity to the odd ratio split being offered.

• Michael Farley
    Options

q_lurker, I would do it to stop the annoying message. However, I did accept the transaction a few minutes ago, and I didn't like the results. So, I recovered from a backup and will report problem to Quicken. I don't expect a solution, but it isn't a big deal. Thanks.

• Ocucora
    Ocucora Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting this message for the last several months. Tried accepting, ignoring, adding it manually (both 1:10 and 1:0.88… ratios), deleting it. Validated file and rebuilt investment lots. Nothing makes this popup disappear. I've made some small money on AMC, but now I regret touching that stock.

• Michael Farley
    Options

Ocucora, thanks for the response. I know that I am not alone. Someone in my household made the investment, but I keep track of it.

This discussion has been closed.