Online stock quotes not downloading correctly in some cases

Options
ronealwa
ronealwa Member ✭✭
edited January 11 in Investing (Mac)

This problem has started this week.

On some (not all) of my stock holdings, the daily online stock quote download updates are not working correctly. It appears the system is overlaying the most recent stock price data row with the current day's stock price. What it leaves is the most current data row dated with yesterday's date and today's stock price.

If I delete that bad row and then run update historical prices (5 days), it populates everything correctly. But the next day it just repeats the same problem and I have to delete/ run update historical prices again on every stock impacted.

I have had to this for the last 4 days consecutively and it is quite cumbersome and time consuming. It is happening on about 10 or so stock tickers (BAC, LVS, T, VZ to name 4) and they are not all in the same accounts.

These are not new accounts or stock holdings. They have been in place for quite a while and don't have any recent transactional updates except for the daily stock price updates.

Please check on this and fix ASAP. It is very annoying.

I would also add that it is the same stock tickers that are impacted each day. It does not vary.

All mutual fund/etf prices are downloading fine as well as many other individual stock quotes.

I am currently running R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16

Thanks.

Comments

• ronealwa
    ronealwa Member ✭✭
    Options

Magically, tonight's stock quotes download seems to have fixed itself and all stock prices are now being updated correctly.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Hopefully the glitch is fixed now, although things like this sometimes come and go for a while before being permanently fixed.

Two things to be aware of for future reference…

(1) The security prices come via a third-party (undisclosed) Quicken contracts with for this data feed. When there are issues, it's almost always the data provider;'s feed, which is outside Quicken's immediate control.

(2) This site is not Quicken Support. Posting to say "Please check on this and fix ASAP" is misdirected here; Quicken developers and management aren't reading the posts on this site. This site is a "community forum" and almost all the posters here are fellow Quicken users (like me) trying to help each other. There are a handful of Quicken moderators who help keep the forum organized and answer some questions; they can pass on problems to others at Quicken, but they aren't Quicken Support. If you need to report a service problem like this, using Help > Report a Problem in the Quicken program, and/or call Quicken Support. (And then, don't expect immediate results; problems with third-party providers can sometimes take a while to get fixed.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.