Just upgraded Quicken for Mac - some things are slow and I get spinning color wheel

Options
jp42
jp42 Member ✭✭

I just upgraded quicken Mac to Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100). I have an Intel Mac Pro 16 gig memory - Sonoma 14.2. When I save a new dividend transaction (or any transaction?) I get the spinning color wheel and it takes a few seconds. Another specific area is in the reconcile flow, I click the clear all button (with 5 transactions to clear) and get the spinning wheel and a pause. Sorting columns of transactions is instant, other things are very snappy, just a few areas that are now slow in this version - previous version seemed fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not seeing that behavior at all, and I haven't seen any other reports about sudden slowness with the 7.4.x releases.

Two potential obvious things to do:

1. Pull down the Window menu to see if there are any open reports or other windows hiding behind the main Quicken window. (On the Window menu, anything below "Sync errors" is an open window.) It's unfortunately all-to-easy to leave a report open from a prior session and be unaware of it because it's hidden, and this produces just the sort of slowdowns you are describing.
    2. When odd behavior starts, one of the simplest troubleshooting steps is to restart your computer. This sometimes cures various unexplained maladies, so it's always worth trying.

See if either of those addresses what you're observing.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not seeing that behavior at all, and I haven't seen any other reports about sudden slowness with the 7.4.x releases.

Two potential obvious things to do:

1. Pull down the Window menu to see if there are any open reports or other windows hiding behind the main Quicken window. (On the Window menu, anything below "Sync errors" is an open window.) It's unfortunately all-to-easy to leave a report open from a prior session and be unaware of it because it's hidden, and this produces just the sort of slowdowns you are describing.
    2. When odd behavior starts, one of the simplest troubleshooting steps is to restart your computer. This sometimes cures various unexplained maladies, so it's always worth trying.

See if either of those addresses what you're observing.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jp42
    jp42 Member ✭✭
    Options

That was it - I had a large report open. Closing the report fixed it. I then opened the report and the same issue appeared again. Thanks for you help!!

This discussion has been closed.