M1 Finance share 'price' uses the 'average purchase price' instead of the 'current price'

Options

Hi,

Not so much a question, but more of a support comment. When I update M1 finance, the price shows the 'average purchase price', instead of the 'current price'. This makes sense, because it aligns with one of their UI screens which is used to show purchase prices, but not the actual net worth of the account.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Out of curiosity…

I assume that "average purchase price" is for a particular security over some time. What is that time period? I'd guess the time period would be "today", in which case you wouldn't expect the quote to be too far off from the end of day quote, but if it's a longer time period then it could be materially different.

I'm pretty confident "support" doesn't spend a lot of time in here looking for things to fix - I their plate is always pretty full as it is - so unless a bunch of people start chiming in "me too" this problem will pretty much fly under the radar. You might try the program's "Report a problem" for this, or even contact Official Quicken Support - the 'chat" approach would even work here - to make this fault known. It's actually Intuit that collect this data and passes it on to Quicken, so Support would need to pass this up to Intuit to get a fix.

This discussion has been closed.