Transaction download added online balance as interest paid

Options
Gary
Gary Member ✭✭

Quicken Deluxe downloaded expected interest paid from Discover Bank and then added the full online balance to the register as a second interest paid entry. This doubled the register total. The online balance is correct. Can I simply delete the additional amount added to the register or is there something else that must be done?

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You certainly can delete the specious transaction. That should correct the Account Balance.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You certainly can delete the specious transaction. That should correct the Account Balance.

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you! I've been using QW for many years. Never saw that one before! The account balance is OK now. I just didn't want to awaken any sleeping QW dragons! 😉

• bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    Options

Turns out the same thing happened to me. Discover Bank "appeared" to double my account by giving me the current balance as interest for the end of November. Since this has happened in both our situations, wonder if Quicken or Discover Bank was at fault? I ended up deleting the bogus interest and will see what happens next month.

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you! As I detailed in my original post, I received 2 new transactions. One was the correct amount of interest paid and the second was the account balance indicated as an interest payment. I'm glad to know the experts are looking at it!

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    Options

bmbass, I did the same thing on the advice of Superuser Tom Young. The online balance was not affected, so I'll be doing the same as you-waiting until next year 😉 to see if it gets fixed!

This discussion has been closed.