Even After Two Product Updates, QMac Will Not Connect to Mercedes-Benz FS

Options
fpuhan
fpuhan Member ✭✭

I can log in directly to mbfs.com but even after posting several product upgrades, Quicken refuses to connect and asks if I've checked my credentials.

There is also a problem with Fidelity. I've followed the instructions to connect the "new" way, and am getting current data, but Quicken still thinks I need to change my connection.

Wonky.

And Quicken support has devolved into a useless "Let's chat with ChatGPT" (which throws an error) rather than interacting with a human. Seriously? And I pay for this?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I can't help with your connectivity issue, but I will note two things…

Even After Two Product Updates, Quicken 4 Mac Will Not Connect

Connectivity problems are back-end/server issues in almost all cases, so new Quicken Mac version releases usually will have no bearing (good or bad) on connectivity to particular financial institutions.

And Quicken support has devolved into a useless "Let's chat with ChatGPT" (which throws an error) rather than interacting with a human. Seriously? And I pay for this?

They did recently add the ChatGPT option, but the human support representatives are still there — both chat support and telephone support.

"Quick Assist", on the left, is the ChatGPT-powered option, so you apparently clicked on that. But as you can see, both chat support and phone support are also still available.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • fpuhan
    fpuhan Member ✭✭
    Options

The fact that I can connect to MBFS directly over the web suggests a problem between the two systems. Since I can connect to Quicken, and I can connect to MBFS tells me that there's a problem both systems need to address. I can (and will) raise this issue with MBFS, but I have no ability to do more than that.

As for direct help, I did see the other options, but the wait to just get someone on the line was prohibitive. I was hoping I could post-and-reply, and your response, for which I am thankful, shows that this works. Even though I'm not closer to resolution than before.

I've been a Quicken user since the 1980s. It's the best product of its type I've tried (and I've tried quite a few), but it's become a bit of a behemoth, and thus responds sluggishly (if at all) when issues arise. Having worked in the software industry for that same amount of time, I've seen this over and over. Sadly, no one wins when companies get too fat.

• fpuhan
    fpuhan Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmm. I guess I owe Quicken an apology. I contacted MBFS and learned that they had migrated all of my accounts to one, contained within the Mercedes ME app. Either I did not receive notice of that, or I skipped updating my different accounts. So, I did a global password reset on my Mercedes accounts, and now (using the new password) was able to reconnect Quicken.

I'm not quite sure why, but this seems to have eliminated the prompt to change my Fidelity connection, too. Weird.

But everything is where it should be, so I'm closing out this topic. Many thanks, Jacobs.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023
    Options

The fact that I can connect to MBFS directly over the web suggests a problem between the two systems.

True. Quicken likely doesn't log into the same server you do as a consumer. Complicating the issue is that Quicken contracts connectivity services to Intuit (its former parent company), and it's actually Intuit and the financial institution which need to resolve whatever is broken.

I was only noting that you shouldn't be looking for fixes when you download a new version of Quicken Mac, because they issues almost always are broken and fixed in the server operations at Quicken, Intuit, and/or the financial institution; only in rare cases is a fix embodied in an update to the desktop program code.

As for direct help, I did see the other options, but the wait to just get someone on the line was prohibitive.

I understand your frustration, but you indicated that human support had been replaced by ChatGPT support, which isn't correct. The ChatGPT option is fairly new, and it likely proves helpful for some users with some questions about how to do something in Quicken. But it's not a replacement for interaction with a human, particularly in telephone support, where the representative can connect to your Mac (with your permission) to see what exactly is happening. Wait times vary, like with customer support at most companies, but are often around 15 minutes; it was estimating 13 minutes when I posted that screenshot above about 40 minutes ago.

Please be aware that this is a "community forum", and not Quicken Support. The replies you get here are mostly from fellow Quicken users (like me); there are a handful of Quicken moderators who keep this site organized and answer some questions, but they are not equivalent to Quicken Support.

With most connectivity issues, unless you see lots of other posts about problems with the same financial institution, your best option is to wait until you have time that you can wait on hold for Quicken phone support. They can view what errors you're getting, check your log files for additional information, and tell you if there's a known issue with your financial institution — or document it to place a support ticket with Intuit about it.

EDIT: Oops, I was typing my reply while you posted your update. So consider this some hopefully-helpful advice for the next time you have a connectivity problem. 😂

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.