Question about budget that includes both US and CDN accounts (Q Mac)

Options

After 30+ years using Quicken for Windows I recently migrated my data to the Mac version (7.4.2). So far I've only encountered very minor issues with the data which I've been able to correct. I've also been able to recreate the limited number of reports that I rely on. The only outstanding issue that I'm having is with my budget. In the Win version I was able to include both US and CDN denominated accounts in one budget without any issues (we spend a fair amount of time in Canada and therefore have a CDN checking account). It appears that the program simplyconverted CDN$ transactions to US$. In the Mac version the budget is not recognizing the spending from the CDN checking account. I noticed that you have to specify a currency for the budget, so is this just a deficiency of the Mac version that I need to live with?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

In short: yes, it's a current limitation in Quicken Mac.

There has been a longstanding Idea thread (feature request) on this site for the developers to implement full support for multiple currencies in Quicken Mac. This topic is currently marked as "Planned" by the developers, meaning it will be forthcoming in the future — but we get no clue when this will become available:

So at this time, your only option is to have a separate budget for your Canadian accounts.

P.S. In the future, please don't post the same question in multiple separate threads, as you did with this question, as it makes it hard to reply and converse about a topic.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

In short: yes, it's a current limitation in Quicken Mac.

There has been a longstanding Idea thread (feature request) on this site for the developers to implement full support for multiple currencies in Quicken Mac. This topic is currently marked as "Planned" by the developers, meaning it will be forthcoming in the future — but we get no clue when this will become available:

So at this time, your only option is to have a separate budget for your Canadian accounts.

P.S. In the future, please don't post the same question in multiple separate threads, as you did with this question, as it makes it hard to reply and converse about a topic.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mark Hitchcox
    Options

Thank you for the response. Apologies for the duplicate post. It was not intentional and unfortunately I could not delete it once I realized my error.

This discussion has been closed.