Quicken E*Trade Update Error OL-297-A

Options
13»

Comments

• adamls
    adamls Member
    Options

I have this problem too and I've noticed something interesting. I have two E-trade accounts. One of my accounts is stand-alone. Call it account A. The other two accounts are connected (one is a company stock account and the other is a individual brokerage account which receives funds from the sale of stock in the company stock account). Call it Account B. In Quicken these is represented by two accounts.

Starting in December I was unable to download transactions from E-Trade. Recently, I tried disconnecting these accounts from direct connect and then re-connecting A and just one of the B sub-accounts. After doing this, I was able to download transactions for A and the half of B I re-connected. So, apparently, what has happened is sometime around Dec. 1, 2023, Morgan Stanley (aka E-Trade), separate the sub-accounts of B. This is causing a problem because Quicken thinks B is just one account.

• Swampdude
    Swampdude Member ✭✭
    Options

UPDATE: The next time I opened Quicken, I noticed that ETrade was no longer listed in Update. When I tried to (re)add it, it got stuck on this screen:

I got no response from "More Info…" and the blank button and I couldn't close it, so I had to use Task Manager to shut down Quicken. One step forward, two steps back .

P.S. The Quicken program notified me that CitiBank had changed their connection method and walked me through setting that up. After the update, there was one current transaction among 7 much older ones (which I deleted).

• Swampdude
    Swampdude Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried again today. Same result as previous comment. Quicken gets "stuck" during the seup.

• kantarjiev
    kantarjiev Member ✭✭
    Options

This still isn't working. I don't understand how you can justify charging me every month when you can't fix a problem like this after more than six months.

Yes, I submitted a problem report - a month ago.

And I submitted a problem report today.

This is ridiculous. Time to start looking for alternatives.

This discussion has been closed.