R53.26 December - Causing previously closed positions to show as open

Options

After installing the December update, had to revert back.

In the Investing/Portfolio and Cost basis reports - previously closed positions, especially options positions are now suddenly showing as open with some cost basis.

Tagged:

Comments

• jd11
    jd11 Member
    Options

how did you revert back. i am having the exact same issue

• rxrodrigues
    rxrodrigues Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product - Download the Latest Update (US Versions) link on page should still have the nov version.

This page should have all versions is probably a better bookmark to save - https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @rxrodrigues,

Did reverting to a previous patch correct the issue, or did you still have to manually correct the information that had changed?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rxrodrigues
    rxrodrigues Member ✭✭
    Options

Reverting fixed the issue with no other action on my part.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 2
    Options

Thank you for the fast response!

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.  

(CTP-8584)  

Quicken Kristina

• capicon
    capicon Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same problem. Unfortunate for year-end reporting.

• Catherine Shenoy
    Catherine Shenoy Member ✭✭
    Options

Every quarter I generate a Portfolio Value to help reconcile Investment Statements with Quicken. This past quarter the Portfolio Value reports started showing closed out option positions on all my options. For example, if I sold a put and then covered the short both transactions would show a position, even though the net effect was zero on the portfolio value. When I look at holdings on the same date none of those old positions are listed. Some of them are from 3-4 years ago.

I'm using Quicken Classic Premier on a PC Version 53.32. This just started happening after Q4. This year has been a tough one to reconcile investment accounts because we did have everything at TD Ameritrade and had to go throught that transition which was a mess in Quicken.

Schwab seems to download transactions a little differently, so it took a while to get used to that as well. I tried changing some of the option transactions and reentering them, but that didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• Griffith Harlow
    Options

Same problem. No idea how to fix!

• rxrodrigues
    rxrodrigues Member ✭✭
    Options

@Catherine Shenoy - If you really do not need the two Dec 2023 updates, I would just manually reinstall the Nov 2023 R53.16 update (and keep ignoring the newer version available prompts after that) by using this link on the Quicken Patch History Page (List at the bottom of this page https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has )
    https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.53.16MPatch.EXE

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you updated to R54? Please let me know! Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• Tom-R
    Tom-R Member ✭✭
    Options

Still having the same problem. R54 does not fix it. I am now at R54.16

• rxrodrigues
    rxrodrigues Member ✭✭
    edited January 31
    Options

Yes we are unfortunately. I tried out the 2nd Jan 2024 update dated 1/29 and had to go back to the November 2023 version.

• capicon
    capicon Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, we are. Updated to R54 released Jan-24 and the issue is still there, had to roll back. Unfortunate as this is a core investment report, and key for some of our investment partnerships that are formally audited, which we issue regular quarterly GAAP "Schedule of investments" to investors built from this report for, etc. Still had to roll all the way back to R53.16 before the issue presented.

Since it appears to occur for some but not all investments, I suspect it might have to do with lot identification (i.e., whether individual sales have been specifically identified to purchase lots for a security or not). That might be one place to look first.

• Quicken Janean
    Options

Thank you! I have shared this with the team to continue to look into this.

Quicken Janean

• Quicken Janean
    Options

Hi All, Can you please go to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and a sanitized copy of your data file? We need more recent logs to continue looking into this. Also, please make sure you are on the latest release: R54 HF. Please let me know when you have done so. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

• rxrodrigues
    rxrodrigues Member ✭✭
    Options

I had already done that earlier in January and was really hoping the second release in Jan fixed the issue, but it did not. Unfortunately, I just have to live with the Nov 2023 version. It really has to do with how the developers have forgotten to include ShtSell and matching CvrShrt transaction for a given security along with the typical and more common Bought/Sold pairing that occurs. If you want to give them that hint :-)

This discussion has been closed.