Installing Quicken 2016 on Window 11

Options
NormVA
NormVA Member

I got a new Windows 11 computer. I am trying to install Quicken 2016 from my CD. I am able to complete the install using "Compatibility Mode" (Windows 7) and "Run as Administrator".

When I open the program it immediately goes to a Login/Register screen. I cannot find an way to get past this screen. I have the program on my old Windows 10 computer and it works fine. I get login/register requests, but I am able to close them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😊

Norm

[Edited - Corrected Tag]

Answers

• NormVA
    NormVA Member
    Options

Tag should be Quicken 2016 not 2015

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See this link, it deals with the issue. Hopefully, you still have your old system up and running.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/blanklogin2014-2017.html

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NormVA
    NormVA Member
    Options

I tried the instructions in the link. The product version is 15.0.1.66. The are no patches for version 15. Therefore I did not install any patches. The program loads and I can see the data, but a login screen immediately comes up in front of the data. Again, no way to get past the login screen.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the person that I am helping only has backup files vs .QDF. Do you think this contributes to the problem?

Thank you,

Norm

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure what you have got but Quicken 2016 US for Windows used 24.1.x.x, not 15.0.1.66.

The backup files are just a copy of the .QDF file with the extension changed to .QDF-backup, so you could just make a copy of the backup file and change the extension and open it after you get the other issue resolved.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

And the RXX.XX numbers the "release numbers" are the last two digits of the product version number.

P.S. 27.X.X.X is the last time the incremented that first number which makes it 2018 year wise (once per year). So, 15 would be 2006, but Quicken 2006 never had a log in windows. That started in Quicken 2014.

Just installed Quicken 2006 and it doesn't even show the product version number on the Help → About Quicken dialog. Just "Quicken 2006". By Quicken 2013 it is there:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.