Quicken checking balance problems

Options
jbercaw
jbercaw Member ✭✭

My Quicken checking balance gradually begins to indicate less and less money than does the bank. I occasionally make a correction, but it just begins all over again. This has been a problem since I began using Quicken long ago.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you reconciling monthly? Have you looked to make sure that the transactions in Quicken match what is shown on your checking account statement? Does your checking account earn interest that you are not entering into the Quicken register?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jbercaw
    jbercaw Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, to all questions.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does your checking account earn interest that you are not entering into the Quicken register?

Yes, to all questions.

I think that solves the problem. You need to enter earned interest into the register when it is credited to your account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jbercaw
    jbercaw Member ✭✭
    Options

Our responses got mixed. No, I do not get interest on my checking account.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You answered YES to "Have you looked to make sure that the transactions in Quicken match what is shown on your checking account statement?"

I find that hard to believe. Quicken just does not lose money from an account. Its math skills are A+. Either one of your debits is larger in Quicken than it is on the statement or a credit is smaller in Quicken than it is on the statement. Quicken does not have hidden transactions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.