How do I fix the auto fill payee for a manual check?

Options
Harold Randazzo
Harold Randazzo Unconfirmed, Member

When paying a credit card bill (account) with a manual written check the payee in the checking ledger is filled with the wrong information.

How can this be fixed?

I now have 3 credit cards that are doing this the others are behaving themselves.

Windows 2014

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When entering a payee, they will automatic fill based on what is in your memorized payees. So, I would go check to see if those are correct.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Harold Randazzo
    Harold Randazzo Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I have removed all memorized payee for the card account and the bad fill that happen when using the hand written option and the bad payee is still filled in on both ledgers.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ISTR previous discussions on this subject, with less than satisfactory results.
    The payee address for this type of check payment is stored somewhere that is not reachable outside of the payment dialog. Correcting it while filling out the check form does not seem to get saved for next time.

My workaround advice would be to use a Scheduled Reminder instead of the pay by check dialog. This way you have full control over the details, the payee name and address of the bank. And you can make payment any time, even if you don't have time to run Reconcile right now.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

QuickFill will use Online Payee names.

QuickFill will also use Address Book entries; if the Address Book entry has its option to "Include this payee in QuickFill list" checked, and the "QuickFill and Memorized Payees" Preference "Add Address Book QuickFill items to Memorized Payee List" is checked.

Take a look at the "Pay to the order of" dropdown list in the Write Checks dialog to get an idea of the source of the payee names.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.