When will the Budget vs actual expenses report be completed for MAC users?

Options
Holen1bvw
Holen1bvw Member ✭✭

I left the Windows format and Quicken for Windows 2 years ago and I used this budget vs expenses report the most. Why are you not responding to all the requests as fas back as 2018 to fix this problem. I have used quicken for 35 plus years and it is not good to have the reporting that Windows users have.

Please respond with your intent.

Thanks

BVW

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Holen1bvw First, please understand you are not speaking to Quicken management or development team members when you post here. This is a forum for Quicken users, and it's mostly fellow Quicken users (like me) who reply to posts here trying to help each other. There are also a handful of Quicken moderators who keep the forum organized and answer some questions — but they are neither management nor members of the development teams.

No one here can answer your "when will the feature be released" question. Only the development team knows what's on their calendar, and their plans often shift as they run into delays or problems which require time and shifting priorities — so they never share "when".

But they do share when certain feature requests are officially on their development schedule for future release. The request for an actual versus budget report has lingered for a long time — far too long, I agree — but it was finally marked as "Planned" about 3 months ago. That still doesn't answer the question of when it will be released, but at least we know it has been acknowledged, accepted for development, planned, and given a time slot for work to take place. There are several budget-related feature request which were all recently moved to "Planned" status, which suggests that the developers will be undertaking some significant revisions to the budget part of the Quicken Mac code in 2024.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Holen1bvw First, please understand you are not speaking to Quicken management or development team members when you post here. This is a forum for Quicken users, and it's mostly fellow Quicken users (like me) who reply to posts here trying to help each other. There are also a handful of Quicken moderators who keep the forum organized and answer some questions — but they are neither management nor members of the development teams.

No one here can answer your "when will the feature be released" question. Only the development team knows what's on their calendar, and their plans often shift as they run into delays or problems which require time and shifting priorities — so they never share "when".

But they do share when certain feature requests are officially on their development schedule for future release. The request for an actual versus budget report has lingered for a long time — far too long, I agree — but it was finally marked as "Planned" about 3 months ago. That still doesn't answer the question of when it will be released, but at least we know it has been acknowledged, accepted for development, planned, and given a time slot for work to take place. There are several budget-related feature request which were all recently moved to "Planned" status, which suggests that the developers will be undertaking some significant revisions to the budget part of the Quicken Mac code in 2024.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.