Update Accounts (Q Mac)

Options

Having an issue since 12/6 (roughly last update) with updating Accounts. Every time I do the Account Update to download transactions, whether is all the Accounts or only one Account, during the update it writes over any category changes, memo's or flags marking that I reviewed. Ive tried disconnecting connection and then reestablishing connection, deleting transaction, checking the payees and rules list. Nothing, it still overwrites and won't reconcile correctly. What can I do to correct this?

Is there anyway I could go back to previous version of Quicken?

Using Quicken for Mac ver. 7.4.2

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't think the problem is with the 7.4.2 version at all. Most often when users report manual edits to transactions being overwritten, it turns out to be a syncing problem with Quicken Cloud, and turning off cloud syncing resolves the issue.

Try turning off cloud sync: go to Settings > Mobile, Web & Alerts and set Sync to Off.

Then clear out the existing data in your Quicken cloud: go to Settings > Connected Services and click the Reset button for Cloud Services.

Now, try working with Quicken for a bit and see if all your edits stick properly.

With cloud sync turne doff, you won't be able to use the mobile app or web interface; do you use either of those? If not, just leave it off. If you do need to use the cloud-synced services, you can try turning cloud sync back on, and making sure you do Accounts > Sync to Mobile after making local edits, before you quite Quicken; this should force the changes you made locally to upload to your cloud dataset.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.