In Quicken Premier Windows I successfully transferred investments to another brokerage acct.

Options
Pat U
Pat U Member ✭✭
edited January 14 in Investing (Windows)

Using Quicken Premier R53.26. The investment transactions transferred successfully to the new brokerage account. The old brokerage account is still receiving dividends and interest transactions. The old brokerage account is simply transferring the cash generated from the dividend & interest transactions to my new broker a few times a week. But now I have those dividend & interest transactions still sitting in the old account that have come into them post transfer. If I transfer those div & int transactions to the new brokerage account, my cash account will be increased by those amounts. But the cash had already been transferred by the old brokerage. How can I manipulate these dividend & interest transactions to be recognized in the new brokerage account without duplicating the cash generated in the associated cash account?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should be able to move the dividend and interest transactions to the new account and delete the cash transfers.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should be able to move the dividend and interest transactions to the new account and delete the cash transfers.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are the accounts an Ameritrade to Schwab transfer?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Pat U
    Pat U Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jim_Harman, that sounds like it will probably work. I think I'll wait until the old brokerage acct. is done receiving dividends and sending cash over, before I move the dividends and delete the cash transfers. That way, I won't confuse the issue further and I will handle all the transaction corrections at once. Thanks for your advice.

• Pat U
    Pat U Member ✭✭
    Options

mshiggins, No it isn't an Ameritrade/Schwab transfer.

This discussion has been closed.