Banking Alert for multiple bank accounts

Options

Would like to see a way to set a banking alert for minimum balance on multiple accounts. To avoid a monthly charge, my bank requires total deposits for ALL accounts (checking + savings) to be maintained at a set level. Setting banking alert in Quicken for each account does not help.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This feature already exists. You can find it under Tools / Alerts Center.

Click on Setup. Expand the Banking section and click on Account Min Balances. Click to put a checkmark in the box to enable the alert category.
    You'll get a list of bank accounts, as shown above. Set both a "Remind me at" amount greater than or equal to the actual minimum balance and set the actual minimum balance. You'll get reminders as both amounts are reached.
    Set "Show me …" to Urgent, to get a popup dialog.
    If you set "Text in the alert list" you need to add an Alerts view to the Home tab's traditional My Money view

To avoid actually having to worry about minimum account balances, maintaining a safety cushion by keeping a few extra dollars in the account might be a good idea. I was once told that maintaining a balance of 3 x your paycheck deposit was something to aim for … just in case of emergencies.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To be clear, this request is for one alert when the total balance of a selectable group of accounts drops below a set value.

Currently Quicken only looks at individual account balances.

QWin Premier subscription