How can I find all transactions in a ledger that have incorrect usd/cad exchange rate set at 1.000?

Options
questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭

In the multi-currency Quicken when you enter a stock trade there is an attached foreign exchange rate. I find that for some reason some transactions show 1.0000 for that day and it screws up cost basis reports with transaction exchange rate checkbox set. Is there a way to search for all stock symbols or investment accounts for stock buys or sells that have 1.000 as the exchange rate so you can change it to the correct one?

Tagged:

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe the 1.0000 shows up if you are entering the transaction for which a F/X rate for that day has not already been downloaded/entered. I'm not aware of anyway to search for the f/x = 1 transactions. Best to ensure you have a valid F/X rate when entering the transaction each time.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

How about customizing the investment transactions report so that only the buy,buyx,sell,sellx actions are selected and then just export the report to Excel and sort on the Exchange Rate column?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • questionsforever
    questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It worked, thanks. Just wanted to add you have to select 'transaction exchange rate' ticked. If there are not many transactions you can just eyeball the report and fix the missing exchange rates..

This discussion has been closed.