Unable to drag a scheduled transaction over a downloaded transaction

Options
RCinNJ
RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't understand why I can't drag one over the other to combine them. When the name of my scheduled transactions and the downloaded transactions don't match I can usually just drag my scheduled transaction over the downloaded one. As long as it has the same dollar amount QM usually just combines them. I went to my online banking account and confirmed there is only one transaction so it is not that there were two for the same amount.

Is there a reason this isn't working? Is there something I can do to get QM to combine them? I can of course just delete one, but it made me worried I had been charged twice, making extra work.

Thanks!

Quicken for Mac 7.4.2. MacOS 13.6.2

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023 Answer βœ“
    Options

The first transaction shows a blue pencil, and has already been combined with a manual transaction. Hover over the pencil icon and the pop-up should confirm this. Control-Click on the transaction and select "Reject Automatic Transaction Match" (for auto-matched transactions) or "Unmatch Transaction" (for manually matched transactions) to undo a previous match. Then you can choose which of the manual transactions to match with the downloaded one. Since this appears to be a monthly contribution, the original mismatch may go back months. (This is one of several reasons I don't give in to every charitable organization wanting me to make my contributions monthly; I get why they like it, but I don't want lots of extra transactions every month. πŸ˜‰)

Quicken Mac Subscription β€’ Quicken user since 1993
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Thank you Jacobs. I didn't see the words "Unmatch Transaction" but I used "Reject Automatic Transaction Match" and that worked. Weird since there was no transaction match that I'm aware ofβ€” that was the problem. I don't know if QM changed in some way recently that is causing this. For years I've just dragged things over (not just charities but also things like utilities where I have it set as a recurring transaction, but the amount changes every month). This has worked since 2021 for this transaction, but I found one set from September where I forgot to do this. Then it was OK in October and November and I noticed it for December.

Anyway, I'm now armed with a fix thanks to you and I appreciate it!

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023 Answer βœ“
    Options

The first transaction shows a blue pencil, and has already been combined with a manual transaction. Hover over the pencil icon and the pop-up should confirm this. Control-Click on the transaction and select "Reject Automatic Transaction Match" (for auto-matched transactions) or "Unmatch Transaction" (for manually matched transactions) to undo a previous match. Then you can choose which of the manual transactions to match with the downloaded one. Since this appears to be a monthly contribution, the original mismatch may go back months. (This is one of several reasons I don't give in to every charitable organization wanting me to make my contributions monthly; I get why they like it, but I don't want lots of extra transactions every month. πŸ˜‰)

Quicken Mac Subscription β€’ Quicken user since 1993
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Thank you Jacobs. I didn't see the words "Unmatch Transaction" but I used "Reject Automatic Transaction Match" and that worked. Weird since there was no transaction match that I'm aware ofβ€” that was the problem. I don't know if QM changed in some way recently that is causing this. For years I've just dragged things over (not just charities but also things like utilities where I have it set as a recurring transaction, but the amount changes every month). This has worked since 2021 for this transaction, but I found one set from September where I forgot to do this. Then it was OK in October and November and I noticed it for December.

Anyway, I'm now armed with a fix thanks to you and I appreciate it!

This discussion has been closed.