Quicken Mac - Deluxe vs Premier for Investments

Options
Steve29
Steve29 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 21 in Investing (Mac)

Anybody know whether, as of Dec 2023, there are any differences between Quicken Mac Deluxe & Premier with regard to investment tracking? There are many weaknesses in Quicken Mac in this regard and I'm wondering whether upgrading would give me anything.

Thanks much —

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The only difference I'm aware of is the addition of the rarely-used Foreign Bank Accounts Report (FBAR) with Premier. Otherwise, there's no difference. Quicken has inexplicably made their website worse such that you can't compare Deluxe and Premier to truly see the differences. Sigh.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Steve29
    Steve29 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My sentiments exactly. Too many versions, no way to really tell them apart. And all are deficient when it comes to investment tracking.

• thatsconstruction
    Options

Just have to add that Quicken for Mac suffers greatly for investment tracking. (if anyone there is listening).

My account used to use the premier subscription, I then downgraded to deluxe and found no diff.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Again, there is no difference in functionality between Premier and Deluxe on Quicken Mac except the FBAR report. (The only other differences are outside the program features: the inclusion of bill payments and a phone number for support which jumps you to the front of the line.)

For those who find Quicken Mac's investment tracking functionality disappointing, I'd encourage you to take a few minutes to visit the investment product Ideas section of the forum and add your votes and comments to the topics you consider important needs for Quicken Mac. It's the only way we as users can influence the developers.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • rfullerton123
    Options

I am new to Quicken Mac less than a year and its investing capabilities. I am finding the investing frustrating a bit . I use vanguard and Schwab brokerages. Schwab propagates transactions automatically but i have to use enter Vanguard transactions . Also there appears to be no way to track dividend rates of return…..am i missing something?

This discussion has been closed.