Quicken crashing

Options
z7jaredz7
z7jaredz7 Member ✭✭

I'm running the latest version of Quicken Classic 27.1.53.16 on Windows 10. It had been working fine for a long time. Starting a couple of weeks ago, trying to One Step Update my bank accounts would crash Quicken. After waiting a few days to see if it would resolve itself, I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken. Now I'm unable to get anywhere. When I sign in, I'm prompted for the password for my data file. Then I get this screen:

If I try to create a new ID or sign in with a different Quicken ID, it crashes. I get the same if I create a new data file. I spent hours on the phone with support trying everything imaginable. At the end, no resolution.

This clearly seems to be an issue with the Quicken ID. I verified that I'm able to login to the Quicken site just fine. Even after an uninstall and reinstall, it still shows my Quicken ID here, but won't let me log out of it (crashes). I'd really like to try logging out, but the only way I've found to do that is through the Quicken menus — and I can't get that far.

I found this community post, which seemed really promising — but reinstalling WebView didn't help in my case:

Is there any way to forcibly log out the Quicken ID without going through the menus (like from the command line)? Any other ideas are welcome.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @z7jaredz7,

I have reviewed your interaction with Quicken Support and can see that you were unable to attempt some troubleshooting steps due to not being around the device at the time and were told to call back when you were able to. Have you attempted to call Support again to continue troubleshooting and escalation?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• z7jaredz7
    z7jaredz7 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @Quicken Jasmine,

After at least 5-6 hours total on the phone with Quicken Support, I basically gave up there. We were going in circles and they were having me re-try things we'd already done. The end for me was when they requested a reboot… again. We'd already done that multiple times, it obviously wasn't going to solve the problem.

From a support perspective, at this point, it should be solvable. I can reproduce a crash on demand. I've provided the logs and dump files. Quicken development should be able to look at this and figure out what's happening.

The reason I'd posted on here was in the hope that someone else had seen something similar and found a resolution or workaround.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @z7jaredz7,

Are you operating the latest version of Quicken? R53.32 was released today and includes a fixed issue that caused application errors and crashes.

Our Support agents do have certain protocols that they must follow when troubleshooting issues, especially when they involve an escalation. I can see from the interaction that the agent was in the process of escalating your issue with our team, however, they required that the agent complete all necessary troubleshooting steps first to ensure the issue needs escalation.

Additionally, escalations cannot be done from here in the Community as our support agents have a specific protocol to follow and the necessary tools available to do so that this channel, unfortunately, does not.

Please contact Quicken Support directly to receive proper assistance to escalate and resolve this error! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Interestingly, I had no issues with R53.26 but after I installed R53.32, quicken crashed after OSU completed. So whatever was fixed in 53.32 broke something else. I reverted to R53.26

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @whodiini,

Thank you for joining this thread.

If you are experiencing the same issue then I suggest sending your logs to Quicken and contacting Quicken Support so that we may have more information and better tracking for this issue.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• rdonathan
    rdonathan Member
    Options

I've had the same problem with Quicken crashing for a long time. It crashes several times per week and is very slow. I noticed another thread on the crashing problem from a year ago that has been closed. That thread included many users with the crashing problem. Will this ever be fixed? I'm on release R53.32. I've been on Quicken since the 1990's and my QDF file is over 390MB's. Is this why it keeps crashing and is so slow?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @rdonathan,

Thank you for joining this thread. Please follow the instructions in my previous response.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.