Need help with reoccuring crash

Options

I have a reoccurring crash that I need help with, been happening for about a week now. Running Quicken Classic Premier for Windows, 27.1.53.26.

I have spent hours on chat and phone with Quicken tech support to no avail. We have tried many things but the problem keep occurring. Tech support has been no help, the last message I had from them was to contact my IT department (I'm an individual) or MS Tech support. They also told me there is no such thing as escalating the issue to a developer or anyone else. I have submitted numerous crash report and have a ticket number, I am never contacted with a resolution.

We have tried (nothing worked):

-Default uninstall/reinstall
-Validating and super validating data file
-Uninstalling/reinstalling to a new folder in \Program Files(x86), i.e. \Program Files(x86)\QuickenNew
-Tried previous mega patch file, v27.1.53.16
-Tried creating a new local admin account on the machine
-Tried turning off both virus scan and firewall
-Tried uninstalling and then manually deleting the following:
\Program Files (x86)\Quicken
\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Quicken
\Program Data\Quicken
\Users<user_name>\Documents\Quicken
\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\Quicken
\Users<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Quicken
\Windows\Quicken.ini
-Overwriting the app and data file from a 2 week old backup (when it was still working) including the above folders

Steps to reproduce the crash:

1. Click one step update, and get the screen asking for the vault password with the "Enter Quicken ID and Password" empty behind it:

2) After entering vault password, this screen appears:

3) Clicking OK leaves this box on the screen:

4) Clicking the x to close that box causes the crash:

Now, If I reopen Quicken and go to Edit→Preferences→Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, I get this screen:

If I click on "sign in using a different Quicken ID" and type 'yes' to confirm I get the crash again.

So, whatever is happening appears to be related to signing in with the Quicken ID.

If I try to create a new file, I just get this screen and no further:

QCSLog shows:

################### Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 13:38:45 #####################
ERROR:OnUnmanagedRequestAuthHeaders - Exception messageSpecified element is already the logical child of another element. Disconnect it first.

ERROR:OnUnmanagedRequestAuthHeaders - Exception messageSpecified element is already the logical child of another element. Disconnect it first.

ERROR:Exception in initializing
efreshing auth tokenSpecified element is already the logical child of another element. Disconnect it first.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best Answer

• s007jrm
    s007jrm Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I managed to fix this after posting. The issue was with MS Edge WebView2 Runtime. Forcing a reinstall of the runtime fixed the issue.

Instructions to force a reinstall here:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1751709/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-webview2-runtime

Runtime installer can be found here:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/?form=MA13LH#download

Answers

• s007jrm
    s007jrm Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I managed to fix this after posting. The issue was with MS Edge WebView2 Runtime. Forcing a reinstall of the runtime fixed the issue.

Instructions to force a reinstall here:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1751709/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-webview2-runtime

Runtime installer can be found here:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/?form=MA13LH#download

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @s007jrm,

Thank you for coming back to share the troubleshooting steps that you took to resolve this issue with other users.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.