How do I get reinvested dividends and reinvested capital gains to show up in the Tax Planner?

Options
Tammy Van Buren
Tammy Van Buren Member ✭✭✭

I am using the following:

I have a taxable brokerage account that has dividends and capital gains reinvested. The account is set up as a taxable account. I know that I can choose a tax form for the entire account, but these items are reported and taxed differently. and reported on different schedules - dividends on Schedule B and Capital Gains on Schedule D. Right now, they are not showing in tax planner which is throwing off the tax due/refund amount, I am not talking about the report, but the planner itself

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Reinvested dividends are working correctly for me in the Tax Planner.

Are you using the Enter Transactions button and Reinvest to enter these transactions?

Are you sure the account is not marked Tax Deferred in the Account Details and the security is not marked Tax exempt in the Security Details?

Also there have been some glitches in the Tax planner, but I think they were resolved. Go to the Interest/Dividend Inc page and click on Dividends. Do you see the reinvested dividends in the detail section at the bottom?

Which options are selected in the detail section at the bottom? It should be Quicken Data (from 2023) and No projected amount.

If the dividends from the detail section are not being copied to the top, try switching to User entered and back to Quicken data. Does that fix it?

For the capital gain distribution reinvestments, check the same items in the Tax Planner as for dividends, but on the Capital Gains page.

Please let us know what you find.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Tammy Van Buren
    Tammy Van Buren Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks! I didn't realize it, but I had checked User Entered. Once I changed that, everything loaded into the category!

This discussion has been closed.