Accounts report without balances [EDITED]

Options
097848 Member
edited December 2023 in Reports

Provide a way to print out all account names, account numbers, addresses and phone numbers without including the account balance.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@097848 How would Quicken know the account numbers, addresses, and phone numbers for your accounts? There are no fields in Quicken to enter such information. In some cases, your account number may be your login, but any account login information is stored in the Mac keychain; for security it's not even stored in your Quicken data file. There's a Notes field in the setting screen for each account, but since people are free to use that however they want, it isn't built into any reports.

Since your list accounts change infrequently, my suggestion is that you generate a Net Worth report and export it to a CSV file. A Net Worth report lists each of your accounts. Delete the column with the dollar values if you don't want this in your record, and then manually in columns to the right of the account name your account numbers and the financial institution contact information. If you're trying to do this to create a list for a loved one in case they need the information, you can print this spreadsheet, save it on your computer or online somewhere; since this contains sensitive data, you may want to secure such a file with a password. You can update your list periodically when you open or close accounts.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well in my Windows Quicken 2013 there is an ERO Emergency Records Organizer (under Property & Debt) that you fill out yourself with the info. You can print a detail report and it doesn't have balances.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Well in my Windows Quicken 2013 there is an ERO Emergency Records Organizer

Well, Quicken Mac doesn't have such a feature. And for Quicken Windows, Quicken states that the old ERO product is no longer supported.

There have been a few hints dropped on this site and the Quicken.com website that Quicken is developing a new product/service to deal with emergency records management on a much broader scale. Maybe we'll see what it's going to be sometime in the year ahead.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993