Is there a way to bypass extra verification on an account with Quicken?

Options
jdatco
jdatco Member ✭✭

Blue Federal Credit Union recently went "DIGITAL" and ever since signing up I am unable to do an automatic download. I think it is because they are now requiring a code sent to your phone before you can access your account. Is there anyway to bypass this double verification for Quicken?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, but there is no way to bypass the 2FA (2 Factor Authorization, also referred to as Multi-Factor Authorization) prompts. If your CU tells Quicken that 2FA is required, you will be prompted to enter the 2FA code in order to download from there into Quicken.

Are you not getting the popup in Quicken to have the 2FA code texted to your phone?

Are you not receiving the 2FA code texts from your CU?

Are you not being allowed to enter the 2FA code into the Quicken popup?

Or are you getting an error code or error message when you try to update your CU account? If so, what is it?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• jdatco
    jdatco Member ✭✭
    Options

None of the above. It's just as though I have no new transactions.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

So Quicken shows that your account is updating but you are not getting any new transactions downloaded?

• jdatco
    jdatco Member ✭✭
    Options

That is correct. The only way I can download is to do each account manually. The reason why that is a problem is because we have 13 different accounts consisting of savings, checking, CD's and a loan. They took away the option to download more than one account at a time. And at this point it is also downloading old cleared transactions. With the end of the month coming up I will have all of the CD's and savings account to download the interest earnings.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

At the top of the Account Registers, on the left directly under the Account Names, do you see something like what is highlighted in yellow? You should be seeing the date/time of the last download as well as the connection method (which in this case should be Express Web Connect).:

In Account List, what does it show in the Last Download column for these affected accounts?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Reset Account? Deactivate/Reactivate?

• jdatco
    jdatco Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't see anything like what is at the top this page. I just attempted to deactivate and reactive, but I am now getting a 503 error that I must be entering the wrong user name or password. I'm going to try to download manually to see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.