Archive NOT Working - DO NOT RELY ON IT!

Options
Eman
Eman Member ✭✭

TOLD BY CUSTOMER SUPPORT ARCHIVING DATA FILE *DOES NOT WORK*

To reduce the size of my 190,000 kb file I attempted to archive Quicken. Quicken created a backup. But, it did not remove 4 years of data.

Customer Support stated they are aware of the problem, there was no current fix and I should NOT deleted any of my data because that would cause errors in the balances. My Quicken file blew up once before when Quicken did an update, causing me to recreate many, many transactions.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Even if it worked, it wouldn't have reduced the size of the data file. The records in the database would have been marked deleted and left there. When creating new transactions it would just remove the "deleted" mark and use the same space. Creating new database entries is "costly" so they don't do it unless they have to.

Currently the only function that will reduce the size of the data file is the "Copy" which copies database records from one file to the other and skips the ones marked deleted. Note that the copy function in Quicken will deactivate all online services in the copy.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.