Moved all Investment transactions to new account, what happens to archive

Options
rljinindy
rljinindy Member
edited January 24 in Investing (Windows)

I created a new offline investment account in Quicken R53.32, and moved all the transactions from another investment account with a slightly different name. But, I also have an archived account that was created from the original account. Do I need to do anything to connect the two? I guess I'm wondering if I archive old transactions in the newly created account in the future, will yet another account be created in quicken.

The reason that I took this action is that I had a stuck downloaded transaction flag in this VERY long time investing account, that I didn't want to try to have to re-create, it had lots of transfers. I tried every suggestion that I could find here about the stuck download flag. (Every one except restoring from a backup, because the problem started over a year ago, and it's too late to find that backup.) No matter what, it would disappear if options were set to automatically enter transactions from downloads, but not show up to approve with a blue dot. It would come right back if I went back to manual, and no matter what, would still show 1 in "Outstanding Txns to C..) in the Holdings, Account Overview for the account. I can't help but think that was causing ridiculously long One step updates, and corruption of my cloud account, that I endlessly deleted and re-created.

Anyway, I think things are good now, except I wonder about my new Investment account, and the old archive account not having the same name, but more importantly, have I messed something up for the future, when I went to archive part of the new account.

Thanks,

Bob

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

There may be a cash transfer between the accounts if you had cash at the time you did the archiving. If you haven't compensated for this already, go into the archive account register and change the [account name] in the transfer to use the new live account's name.

I believe that any future archiving will create new archive accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried it and Quicken does the right thing with the transfer. There shouldn't be any reason to worry about it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.