How do I stop Quicken 2017 from losing data randomly on my Win10 PC?

Options

My wife and I share a Win10 PC w/a solid state C drive, conventional D drive, and a USB backup hard drive as the I drive. The Quicken data file is on the C drive in a public directory but only my wife and I have logins on this PC. MalwareBytes finds no inflections. In mid December 2023 my wife launched Quicken and found some accounts were missing all data past 2021. I restored the December 5th backup to resolve that problem. But now a couple weeks later we're finding other data are missing. In some accounts it's all the data past 2021, in other accounts only some data and reconciliations are missing. I intend to restore another backup to try to resolve this but I'm concerned that my Quicken 2017 is not a reliable data storage SW. We've had this system many years and it has only recently started doing this. I could accept that every now and then I may need to restore a backup but this is now twice in the same month so I'm losing confidence in Quicken. How can I prevent Quicken from losing my data?

Answers

This discussion has been closed.