Can't group IRAs under RETIREMENT

CalvinHobbes33
CalvinHobbes33 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have set up auto download with brokerage with non retirement and retirement account and I set the account type appropriately.:

Roth IRA

Traditional IRA

Account Type: Brokerage (for none retirement) appears to have be an auto set.

It GROUPS all the accounts under INVESTING.

Under display options for Account Type: Brokerage I can choose Account Intent (set to Investment/Personal)

Under display options for IRAs, there is no Account Intent options.

How can I move my IRAs to a GROUP called RETIRMENT?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In the Account Bar - that vertical column of the Accounts in your file to the left or right of the screen - you typically DO have all Investment Accounts under that one "Investing" title, but Retirement Account will be listed after non-retirement Account, and separated by a thin line from the non-retirement Accounts above.

Is that what you're seeing here?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Just to clarify what @Tom Young said there isn't a "Retirement" group in the account bar. Just like there isn't a "Spending" and "Savings" group under Banking. The two groups are just separated by the thin grey line.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CalvinHobbes33
    CalvinHobbes33 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Thank you. That is very disappointed that basic grouping cannot be handled.

There should be a simple way to segregate and aggregate Retirement/non retirement accounts.

140 dollars a year and i can't do that?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

There are various places where you can separate them. Two of the best would be the Investing Portfolio view which has lots of views that you can customize with whatever accounts you like and much more, and then there are reports. There is also the "Classic" Dashboard on the Home tab (select the gear icon to turn it on) that has lots of different "widgets" that might be useful. I notice the "Investment and Retirement Accounts" do separate of these two. On the other hand, doesn't seem to be customizable of which accounts to show.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.