Transferring between Banks

RBDeSpain
RBDeSpain Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭

When money is transferred from one bank to another, it often takes more than one of two business days to complete. Is there a way to enter a transaction with different dates on the sending and receiving sides?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to set up a new holding account for Funds in Transit to run it through. But does it really need to be entered on the right days on both sides? A couple days shouldn't make much difference. I would just use the receiving date on both.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

The only time this "bugs me" is when I'm transferring a large sum of money from one account to another, say from my savings account in a different financial institution that pays better interest to my checking account. Because it gets entered on the withdraw it makes it look like I have more in my checking account than I should which could be a potential problem if one isn't careful about not overspending that account.

When talking about the opposite say paying for a credit card, it actually is "right" as far as I'm concerned to "remove the money from the checking account" immediately.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.