one drive

Options
ks59
ks59 Member

How do I get my files to save on my computer vs. one drive? Seems like that change was made automatically tonight when I signed in.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to copy your data file(s) to a path outside of OneDrive. Note that if you let OneDrive backup your Documents/Videos/Desktop/… it automatically moves them to under the OneDrive path.

I you open Windows File Explorer and go to your Documents folder you will see this:

C:\Users\USERNAME\OneDrive\Documents

Since the default for Quicken's data files is C:\Users\USERNAME\OneDrive\Documents\Quicken, they are under OneDrive.

Where you choose to move your data file(s) is up to you. Personally, I created a C:\Quicken folder and moved my data file there.

Once there you can double click on the *.QDF file and that will open it in Quicken and let Quicken know where the data file is now.

You can also add C:\Quicken (or whatever folder you put your data file in) to Quick access list by right clicking on the folder in Windows File Explorer and selecting to Pin it to Quick access.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to copy your data file(s) to a path outside of OneDrive. Note that if you let OneDrive backup your Documents/Videos/Desktop/… it automatically moves them to under the OneDrive path.

I you open Windows File Explorer and go to your Documents folder you will see this:

C:\Users\USERNAME\OneDrive\Documents

Since the default for Quicken's data files is C:\Users\USERNAME\OneDrive\Documents\Quicken, they are under OneDrive.

Where you choose to move your data file(s) is up to you. Personally, I created a C:\Quicken folder and moved my data file there.

Once there you can double click on the *.QDF file and that will open it in Quicken and let Quicken know where the data file is now.

You can also add C:\Quicken (or whatever folder you put your data file in) to Quick access list by right clicking on the folder in Windows File Explorer and selecting to Pin it to Quick access.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.