Automatic Renaming Windows 11 PC

Options

I linked my credit cards and my husbands to our account and lots of data has downloaded. I started looking through entries and realized that the default automatic renaming has created quite a mess. We live in Hilton Head and many local businesses have Hilton in the name. I now have a huge amount of entries across our cards that have automatically been renamed Hilton and categorized as Travel: Hotel. I see the option to Do not rename a payee so I have set this up. I assume adding the Do Not Rename rule will fix the issue for future charges. How do I force a cleanup of my registers full of wrong entries? I am hoping not to have to go back through a ton of entries and fix them manually.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This might help (I suggest that you have a copy of your data file before, you make this kind of change, just in case).

In the Filter box for the account type in Hilton. This should allow you to select all the transactions with that payee by clicking on the first transaction and then holding down Shift and clicking on the last one (you can also hold down Ctrl and click to toggle a transaction selection).

They select Edit → Transaction → Revert selected payee names

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This might help (I suggest that you have a copy of your data file before, you make this kind of change, just in case).

In the Filter box for the account type in Hilton. This should allow you to select all the transactions with that payee by clicking on the first transaction and then holding down Shift and clicking on the last one (you can also hold down Ctrl and click to toggle a transaction selection).

They select Edit → Transaction → Revert selected payee names

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BarkleysMom
    Options

Thanks so much Chris! Following your steps allowed me to fix the issue.

This discussion has been closed.