Why isn't Quicken updating my Fidelity Magellan account?

Options

I have 8 mutual fund accounts with Fidelity. Each night I update them after the stock market closes. For the past 2 days, all accounts have updated except 1. The shares are correct but Quicken hasn't picked up the correct COB price. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• ejbucknell
    ejbucknell Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks!!! For some reason, Magellan had been hidden on the Security list so I unhid it. The price did update this morning. Since it had always updated in the past along with the other 7 funds, I couldn't understand why it no longer was doing so. Then I remembered my favorite saying — "It's electronic and will do what it wants, when it wants".

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

If you have Magellan fund holdings, then it should be getting updated automatically when you do OSU.

If you do not have any Magellan fund holdings and you want to continue getting share prices downloaded: Go to Security List and make sure the box is checked for "Download Quotes" for that fund.

One thing to note: Mutual funds often have their COB prices firmed up by 6:00 pm (Central time). But it is not unusual for the COB prices to not be finalized until perhaps hours later than that, especially if some of the holdings in that fund did not report updated prices to the fund in time to support that 6:00 p.m. time.

You said Magellan prices did not update the last 2 days. But did the Magellan price for yesterday update today when you did OSU? If so, that is a pretty good indication that for some reason the COB price firm-up was delayed a bit.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• ejbucknell
    ejbucknell Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks!!! For some reason, Magellan had been hidden on the Security list so I unhid it. The price did update this morning. Since it had always updated in the past along with the other 7 funds, I couldn't understand why it no longer was doing so. Then I remembered my favorite saying — "It's electronic and will do what it wants, when it wants".

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, that's a cause I certainly did not think of! Good thing you went to Security List to check it out and found that it was hidden. Thanks for letting me know.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.