Bug downloading transactions when unaccepted transactions exist.

Options
Darren@
Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta

I've been having this problem for years (probably 5-8+ years). Every week I perform a 1-step update to update quotes and download transactions. But I only accept transactions one a month (when I reconcile against statement). So there are often unaccepted transactions in the "Downloaded Transactions" pane.

New transactions don't show up in the list unless I exit Quicken and restart. For example, I had 3 transactions in the list as of last night (12/15, 12/19, and 12/20). I performed OSU today and afterwards still had the same 3 transactions in the list. I knew dividends were paid out this week so I restarted Quicken. Sure enough, the "Downloaded Transaction" pane now shows 7 transactions (four new ones from 12/27).

This happens in all my investing accounts - it is not limited to a specific financial institution.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Recommend you accept downloaded transactions immediately after download. Don't let them stew in their own juices until you get around to running a Reconcile.
    Let's see if that clears up your issues, especially with investment accounts.

• Darren@
    Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

That certainly is a workaround. Restarting Quicken is another. Doesn't change the fact that there is a bug when there are existing transactions and one does another OSU.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The bug should be fixed, but I also recommend that Quicken shouldn't be left running for all period of time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.