Oddity When Printing Schedule D (Cap Gains) Report

Options
Patrick Hasenjager
Patrick Hasenjager Member ✭✭✭
edited January 31 in Reports (Mac)

I am attempting to print my capital gains/losses report for the year, but an odd thing happens when I attempt. The title is missing and the Schedule D header is out of place.

Anyone else see this and is there a fix? My automated filing process is not handling it well because of this.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope, Sorry, not seeing same.

How did you customize the Q report? Can you eliminate any columns to make the report more narrow? Or reduce the font size?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Patrick Hasenjager
    Options

I'm seeing it even with the built-in, unmodified report. How does one reduce the font size in a report in the Mac version?

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023
    Options

I don't see anything wrong when viewing the report in Quicken, but when I print it to a PDF I see what @Patrick Hasenjager sees - it isn't leaving enough room for the header information and it overlaps with the main report.

Part of the problem might be that the Type: and Tax Summary: lines aren't there when the report is displayed, only when it is printed. Maybe those lines aren't supposed to be there in the printout. Without them there would be no overlap.

On screen:

PDF printout:

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Patrick Hasenjager
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation, @Jon. That is exactly what I'm attempting to do, print it to PDF to put with my tax records. I guess I'll just manually file it away for now.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You could export the report to a CSV file & open it in Numbers. From there you can reformat it & print a PDF.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Appears to be a QMac vs QWin discrepancy. I'll bow out.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.