Bill Reminder Transfer

Options
Dali
Dali Member ✭✭

Hi, I recently converted from Windows to Mac after 30+ years. Everything transferred except the bill reminders. IS tehre a way to transfer these separately or do I need to rebuild them from scratch (which would be painful to say the least). Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have never done this conversion, so I'm by no means an expert. But I'm going to say that if they didn't transfer the first time, there is likely no way to cause that to happen.

Rebuilding them may not be quite as painful as you are imagining. Rather than creating a bill reminder (also called a scheduled transaction) from scratch, you can right click on any existing transaction in a register and select "Schedule Selected Transaction". This will create a new Scheduled Transaction (Bill Reminder) with all of the fields from the existing transaction pre-filled in the Details section. Then you just need to set the schedule and click OK.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are a lot of things that are just not the same in Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac and I expect that they will never be transferred. Reminders, and Saved reports are on that list, as well as things like your budget(s).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dali
    Dali Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for this idea, Rick. This is very helpful.

Another question: Have you been able ot get eBills to work?

• RickO
    Options

I have my credit cards set up so the amount due prefills in the scheduled transaction. I haven't bothered with any other bills yet.

• Dali
    Dali Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Rick. I will setup mine. Cheers and Happy New Year to you.

• RickO
    Options

You're welcome. Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.