Western Asset Funds

Options
Jim Shiffrin
Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
edited January 31 in Investing (Windows)

I posted this last summer, and got no replies. Maybe someone different will see it this time.

Quicken seems to be unable to tell the difference between Western Asset Core Bond Fund I (WATFX) and Western Asset Core PLUS Bond Fund I (WACPX). I used to hold shares of both funds in a Morgan Stanley account, and the dividends were always assigned to the wrong fund. I had my Morgan Stanley wealth manager move all of the funds to the CORE PLUS Fund – and Quicken always assigns them to the CORE Fund.

I am running Quicken for Windows, currently on Version R53.32. This has been happening for quite a while - I finally sold the Core Fund in April 2022, transferring the money to the Core Plus Fund.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I assume that this has to do with "downloads', not any manual entries you are making?

I expect the problem originated back when you established your positions in these securities, so go to "Edit Security Details"for both and uncheck that box titled "Matched with online security." The next time you download Quicken will ask if the security associated with the downloaded transaction is some security you already own. Make the correct selection.

• Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I am referring to downloads, not manual entry. I've changed the "matched with online security" box for both, and did a Download Transactions. It did not ask about either fund. Both now have the "Matched with online security" box greyed out. Now what?

This discussion has been closed.