Lots of Account Update Issues with Many Banks/Cards

Options

Hello -

I am having massive problems updating many accounts in my Quicken Classic. This started about a month ago. However, I didn't even notice it because it acts as if it is working just fine. It tells me in the OSU the green status that accounts were updated. So I figured everything was working fine… Well, it's not - and I only realized this at the end of the month when it came to pay all my bills online.

Things I have tried:

-Validation/Repair of Quicken File.
-Copying Quicken File and trying to use that instead.
-DeActivating ALL accounts for all logins.
-Using the "Account Reset" feature of each.

Accounts I am seeing this on - but not limited to just these:

-Citibank
-CapitalOne
-Discover Bank / Discover Cards
-USBank Cards

Regardless of what I do, this issue is still continuing for the last month. I need a fix for this because it is simply unbearable.

The main culprit that indicates and shows to me there is a problem is when I go to Tools → Online Center → All of the financial institutions that I'm having issues with will say "Cleared transactions and online balances downloaded on 12/3/2023"….. and I have run OSU just about daily, so thats wrong. Again, when I run OSU, it shows green as if the updates were successful each time.

If and when I DO de-activate and re-activate the online connection, the most it will do is instead of adding in all the missing transactions - it will instead just adjust the opening balance (Often times opening balance is 5+ years old) in order for it to equal the current online balance. It never actually imports the transactions however.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please look at the actions I've tried already, because I've done all the standard troubleshooting.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Contact Q Support via the link at the top of this page.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.