DO NOT USE MOBILE & WEB IF YOU USE BUDGETING!!!

Options

I am a long time Quicken user. I stopped using mobile & web years ago because the budgeting was never right. Unfortunately, I decided to give it another try based on all the advertisements I get from within the desktop version. I use budgeting extensively for planning. I had just transferred and updated all my budgets for the New Year when I noticed that some of my input had reverted back to old figures. I went through and updated them again not knowing what kind of glitch Quicken had and it did not occur to me it would be caused by the mobile & web syncing. After I went through and made all the changes again, I decided to sync them to the cloud so that all would be updated. I was in for a surprise because after the sync, all my budget data was gone! There was no way to undo it and since I had done it all in one session, there was no backup file to go back to (I back on every exit). Hours and hours of work gone and then I find this is a known issue. See the below responses from a locked post from May 2023. This is insane! Quicken knows this is a problem and there is no warning in the Mobile & Web tab??!! Shame on this company! I have move the 20 years of use and I swear that I am going to find a way to get out of this product because of this kind of garbage. How can you have a system that overwrites more a more current budget file, done from desktop with some kind of cloud corrupted file? How can that be?! Ridiculous!

Quicken Kristina Moderator modMay 2023

Thank you for your reply,

This is a known issue that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Unfortunately, the work around in the mean time is turning off the sync with mobile and web.

Thank you!

(CTP-6291)

Comments

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried to reset your Q Cloud before syncing your desktop?

This discussion has been closed.