New 2024 Budget

Options
grthomps
grthomps Member ✭✭

I created my 2024 budget a few weeks back. All was going along swimmingly until today. Here is what seems to have happened:

• A large number of categories and accounts I selected to be visible are now unselected. 2023 seems correct, but 2024 is missing many that had previously been selected.
  • All of the amounts in 2024 appear to be annual amounts that have been prorated by month. This was NOT that way a week ago.
  • I don't see any way to re-copy 2023 budgets to 2024. That would be the best solution to the problem. I really don't want to have to restore to a previous file copy. I entered a lot of transactions before I realized how messed up the budget was. If I could simply restore to a previous budget that would be ok.

It seems that from time-to-time my budget gets clobbered. I waste a lot of time re-entering monthly numbers because of it. I stopped syncing to the cloud as that seemed to be a big part of the problem, but this latest issue seems to have come out of left field.

In my mind the design really needs to let copying decisions be up to the user. Select the year you want to copy into another year. If you copy into an existing year it replaces all your numbers. Sufficient warnings would of course be needed. The user should be able to do it as frequently as desired. A "one-shot" type of scenario that seems to be the current design is really hard to work with.

Answers

• rodney23
    rodney23 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue… I had to re-do my 2024 budget after values were reverted to what had been set in a previous year(s) (I didn't use the budget tool in Quicken in 2023).

Additionally… now when I sync, the "Everything Else" fields in the Personal Expenses section are getting populated with values from something.

A quick search shows references to this same issue from March with the culprit being Sync choosing old budget data. Not sure if there was a solution, fix, or way to work around the issue other than to turn of cloud Sync.

• thadcaper
    thadcaper Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the exact same problem. Chatted with Quicken support who weren't willing to help / weren't willing to escalate this problem that many people are having unless I spent hours recategorizing entries after restoring an old 2023 file. I pointed them to many community conversations where people were having the same problem and they refused to escalate.

• grthomps
    grthomps Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken support. Anybody home? Do I get anything for my annual fee?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

This isn't Quicken support.

If you want Quicken support, you need to go here:

https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

This is mostly a user to user forum with some Quicken moderators.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

This issue has been resolved in version R54.9. If you haven’t installed this version yet, please navigate to Help > Check for updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.