How To Create Dividend Income Report For 2023?

Options
JSullG
JSullG Member ✭✭
edited February 3 in Reports (Windows)

Hello,

I'm trying to create a report that shows last year's dividend from my Stifel brokerage account. But my register does not have a category column. Instead "Div" is shown in the Action column. But if I try to make an Income report I'm only allowed to select categories. And "Div" is not a category, nor can I edit "Div" to the Quicken standard and have it recognized by the report—presumably because it is not in a "Category" column. And there doesn't seem to be a way to add a category column.

I'm running Windows Classic Premier Version R53.32 on a Surface Laptop running Windows 11 Home. Generating a list of dividends seems like it should be a basic function but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much. …Joan

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2 Answer ✓
    Options

You can get what you want in at least 3 ways:

1. Run an Investment Transactions report for the period that you're looking at, limited to that one brokerage Account, and with only the actions "Div" (and maybe ReinDiv). That will give you the total amount.
    2. The Quicken Category for dividends is _DivInc and can be specified in the Categories tab of the customization screen:

To get it to show up in the customization of a spending report click on "Show hidden categories." They will be at the bottom of the list of income Categories. As with the Investment Transactions report you can limit the report to only information coming out of the Stifel brokerage account.

Finally, run a Investment Income report limited to the Stifel brokerage account. Click on the "_DivInc" dollar amount and you'll see all the detail. You can subtotal by Security see each security's contribution.

• JSullG
    JSullG Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Tom—Thank you so much. Your suggestions worked just fine. I hadn't realized that there would be a different template for Investment account reports—obviously I didn't look far enough on the dropdown—but I was also confused because some of the information just wasn't displayed on the register. I've used Quicken for a long time but only just started with the keeping the investment account info in the last year. I'm grateful for the assistance.

Joan

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2 Answer ✓
    Options

You can get what you want in at least 3 ways:

1. Run an Investment Transactions report for the period that you're looking at, limited to that one brokerage Account, and with only the actions "Div" (and maybe ReinDiv). That will give you the total amount.
    2. The Quicken Category for dividends is _DivInc and can be specified in the Categories tab of the customization screen:

To get it to show up in the customization of a spending report click on "Show hidden categories." They will be at the bottom of the list of income Categories. As with the Investment Transactions report you can limit the report to only information coming out of the Stifel brokerage account.

Finally, run a Investment Income report limited to the Stifel brokerage account. Click on the "_DivInc" dollar amount and you'll see all the detail. You can subtotal by Security see each security's contribution.

• JSullG
    JSullG Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Tom—Thank you so much. Your suggestions worked just fine. I hadn't realized that there would be a different template for Investment account reports—obviously I didn't look far enough on the dropdown—but I was also confused because some of the information just wasn't displayed on the register. I've used Quicken for a long time but only just started with the keeping the investment account info in the last year. I'm grateful for the assistance.

Joan

This discussion has been closed.