TD Ameritrade (transferred to Schwab) accounts downloaded to wrong accounts

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bug downloading transactions when unaccepted transactions exist..

Comments

• DianeE
    DianeE Member
    Options

I have 2 TD Ameritrade transfer to Charles Schwab accounts. The transactions downloaded to wrong accounts. I tried to change the account numbers but it says I have to "accept" transactions but there are no transactions to accept?! I made the mistake of not "reviewing all" in one account before I deleted. (I didn't know I could transfer them to another account) The other account that the transactions should have gone to says the same thing but I can't change the account number until I "accept" transactions and there are no new transactions for the account number that is in the wrong account because Charles Schwab doesn't pay interest on small amounts. HELP!

• DianeE
    DianeE Member
    Options

Sorry, I have Quicken Classic, the newest version. If you can, please see previous chats about 3 days ago.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Backups are your friend here. Hopefully you have a backup created just before you did what you did with the TD Ameritrade Accounts.

Having restored the backup go into the two TD Ameritrade Accounts and disconnect them from downloading. This will give you access to the Financial Institution and Account Number fields. Save another backup. Then using either of the old TD Ameritrade Accounts click "Set up Now…" in the Online Services field. That will give you a chance to chose "Schwab" as the Financial Institution. When you log into Schwab those two Accounts should be there. LINK the proper account at Schwab with the proper Account in Quicken. This keeps all transactions, past, present and future in the same Quicken Account.

This discussion has been closed.