Archive, Backup and/or Copy

Options
Frankie Joe
Frankie Joe Member ✭✭

I have reviewed and tried the Archive, Backup and/or Copy function. I am NOT comprehending the functionality within Quicken Classic for Windows. I'd like to only see transactions from a specific date through today's date i.e. a 365 day time frame. If I only want to see transactions from 1/1/2020 thru today, how do I archive/backup/copy transactions between 1/1/2019 through 12/31/2019? I've tried to isolate those dates using the backup/archive/copy function but I am still seeing transactions OLDER than 1/1/2020. Once I figure out how to archive/backup/copy 2019, I'd like to do the same for 2020, 2021 & 2022. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please provide a screenshot of the copy function window with all of the fields filled in, then we might be able to help.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankie Joe
    Frankie Joe Member ✭✭
    Options

As per your request.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See this FAQ:

Follow its instructions EXACTLY, the part about reconciled transactions is very important.

Personally, I would never do a YEC, my data file goes back to 1996 and I reference the older transactions regularly when checking on purchase warranties and the like. It is a great diary of your financial life.

• Eman
    Eman Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately what you advise does not work anymore. Supposedly it is a know issue by Quicken. I was told they do not have a fix date.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have to correct your statement that it "does not work anymore". I just did it just now and it worked as advertised.

Shown in the screenshot is the top two lines of my checking account showing an Opening Balance on 12/31/2019 and the first transaction on 1/3/2020 whereas the original data file had transactions all the way back to 1996. Notice that the filters are set to show everything, so it is not a display trick, YEC works properly if you have everything reconciled correctly.

NOTE: Transactions in investment accounts are NOT deleted since that would mess up your investment lots, but cash, checking, saving and credit card accounts do have transactions removed.

Try the process again exactly as described. Don't skip any steps thinking that you have already done it or don't think it is necessary. The process has been used by lots of folks since it was documented and it worked for all of them when done completely.

This discussion has been closed.