New user of Quicken Classic, long-time user of Mint.

dr.zhuang
dr.zhuang Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Hi,

I am a long time user of Mint and pretty happy about the useability of Mint even though it has some ups and downs. For some strange reason, Intuit has decided to kill Mint and shift users over to Credit Karma. I tried the latter, but it does not fit my needs. I recently installed Quicken Classic on my Window PC and Macbook Pro, as well as Quicken Mobile App. Coming from Mint, I expect the sync between these tools are seamless, unfortunately I quickly realized that they are so different, seem products from different companies all together! I am still trying hard to make them work for my use cases but would like to get any recommendations, suggestions, etc.. from experienced users of Quicken in this community site, particularly from someone having exposure of both Mint and Quicken Classic. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• dr.zhuang

I also tried Quicken on Web and Quicken Mobile App. It seems that they are all developed independently, having different UIs, and more importantly they are not synced. What a surprise to see such a tool these days when most of the software are cloud-based and the Apps on PC, MacBook, phone, … are just a simple user interfaces running on same data files at the backend. I am now really hesitated whether I should invest more of my time into this tool set….

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

If you are looking for a product that is seamless between PC, Mac, Web, and Mobile iOS/Android, Quicken Classic isn't for you. Depending on your use case "maybe" Quicken Simplifi which is one Web and Mobile might work.

For Quicken Classic Mobile/Web are only "companion" apps. They are just for short term usage when away from the Desktop program. They only have a partial data set.

Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac are "similar", but are different programs with different data sets, and aren't directly compatible. Only through a conversion process can the data files be interchanged. And Syncing data from Quicken Mac to Mobile/Web is kept separate from Syncing data from Quicken Windows to Mobile/Web.

Lots of history of why this is all true, 40 years of it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dr.zhuang

Chris,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I will give Quicken Simplifi a try.

"Lots of history of why this is all true, 40 years of it." ~ I totally understand this as one from the engineering background. And hope Quicken Simplifi can be a good/new path for Quicken to leap forward to the new technology front.

This discussion has been closed.