BECU Direct Connect messes up account balances

Options
kradf
kradf Member ✭✭

I just tried the new Direct Connect method today. Of my 8 BECU accounts, only 6 appear to be correct now. The other two had transactions that I verified before accepting, but their account balances doubled! I can find no duplicate transaction, and the account balances (as appear on each transaction line) were messed up going back many years. So I deleted my Quicken file and started over using a good backup from December 1. I set up Direct Connect, then did the update. I observe that BEFORE I EVEN ACCEPT THE DOWNLOADED TRANSACTIONS, the balances in those two accounts are again messed up (they were OK when I completed the restore and before Direct Connect). What is going on?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check the Opening Balance transaction in those accounts. Quicken has a bad habit of changing them when you deactivate/reactivate.

For future reference, put the amount of the Opening Balance transaction in the memo field in case it happens again.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kradf
    kradf Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I recorded my opening balances before Deactivating and setting up the Direct Connect again today. Wouldn't you know, the opening balances didn't change this time! But I'll have those amounts in case it ever happens again. 😊

This discussion has been closed.