Why isn't there a balance column on the register report?

Options
Michael Rosen
Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
edited February 6 in Reports (Windows)

A register report instead has two amount columns that print duplicate information. I've been forced to extract to Excel and add formulas to make my own balance column.

Quicken Classic Premier R53.26 (after reverting in the hopes of fixing the OSU) build 27.1.53.26.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Register report is a customized version of the Banking Transactions report, which can include multiple accounts and thus the running balance would not be meaningful. But it would certainly be useful to have a running balance when just viewing one account.

The column selection is not as flexible as the Register report, but but you can print or export the register directly by going to File -> Print <Account name> while viewing the register.

QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no idea how it's possible to have two Amount columns in your register report unless you're using a Saved Report, saved in an earlier version of Quicken.
    In that case I recommend you bring up the saved report and go into the Customize dialog. Next to the list of columns selected for this report there will be a "Reset columns" button.
    Click this button, then repeat the selection of columns you wish to see in the report. When done save the report again, making sure you replace the old saved report version.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is what I'm using. As far as I know, this is not a memorized report.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    Options

Try clicking on Reset Columns below the list of columns; hopefully that will fix your problem of multiple Amount columns.

Unfortunately the Register report does not have a running balance column.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.