updaze
updaze Member ✭✭

Started not getting amex transactions download since first of the year

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @updaze,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Are you getting any error messages/codes when you try to update your American Express account(s)? What kind of account(s) is it (personal, business, credit card, banking, etc)? If you have more than one American Express account, are all accounts failing to download? If not, which ones are having issues?

If you haven't done so already, it's a good idea to check for any accounts that are inactive or closed on the financial institution side that may still be trying to connect in Quicken, since that can sometimes cause this issue also. To check, go to Tools>Account List. If you have hidden accounts, there will be checkbox in the lower left corner giving you the option to show hidden accounts.

One any hidden accounts are revealed, look in the transaction downloads column. Any accounts that think they are connected in Quicken will have the word "yes" in that column.

If you find any accounts that are connected in Quicken, but shouldn't be, then backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts. Then test to see if the issue persists.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• updaze
    updaze Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally fixed the amex problem on my own. but now I have another one with quicken home and business not downloading transactions in my one bank account.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you were able to correct the AmEx problem. What corrected the issue for you? Sharing that information may help others who encounter the same problem.

I can see you already started a separate discussion about the other issue, so I won't address that issue in this discussion.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cagepag
    cagepag Member
    Options

Having been unable to get Amex transactions since November and today happened on this log. After reading it, I just went to edit account/online services and hit reset account. It made me connect to Amex and log in and then gave me a message that it was updated. Moved me back to quicken and all the transactions downloaded. Probably issue is resolved and this is late to the party but let you what I did. thanks Kristina for the log.

This discussion has been closed.