Account Intent

Options

Is there any way to add the Account Intent field to reports for sorting? I have continued to struggle with creating a report where I can show Investment accounts separate from Retirement accounts. I have the Account Intent set correctly for the Accounts, but all reports only show Account Type. thanks.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Options

Where/how did you set the "Account Intent" for your Retirement accounts? I can't find it for them.

Also, what Account Type have you set for your taxable accounts? And for your Retirement accounts?

What reports are showing "Account Type"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AFAIK, there is no way to use account intent as a sorting option, etc. You of course can customize reports to only include certain accounts, but that does not address exactly what you want.

The only place I have seen details for investment accounts grouped separately from retirement accounts is via a view that can added/customized on the dashboard. It's called investment and retirement accounts and groups them that way. And, there is an option on that view to "show report" but unfortunately it then shows a typical report without the investment/retirement grouping.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

This discussion has been closed.